RE: Metalink Response ....FYI

From: Mohan, Ross <MohanR_at_STARS-SMI.com>
Date: Tue, 03 Apr 2001 09:36:25 -0700

<rant>
1500 users?  And ORACLE FREAKING CORPORATION is having trouble meeting the demand? Geez Louise, this is *exactly* the type of thing companies get roasted alive for. I am supposed to believe these guys when they say "We'll scale all the way to Andromeda!".

Sheesh, we run multiple databases around here with 1500+ active users from a base of 40,000 with nowhere near the response problems.  We have had two unsked outages a year, on average.

Oracle really needs to hire some system engineers and DBAs.

What a freaking joke.
<rant/>

Thanks for the news, Raj. Now I feel better about Metalink.