Re: Recovery Manager vs. SQL Back Track

From: Ruth Gramolini <rgramolini_at_tax.state.vt.us>
Date: Tue, 03 Apr 2001 09:39:25 -0700

I have used rman exclusively since I became an Oracle DBA because it was there and I needed a backup strategy. It has gotten better with later releases. We are now on 8.0.6. It used Oracle internals so that is an advantage. It comes free with Oracle so that is another advantage.

I can send you a paper on why to love rman written by Francis Sanchez of Oracle Corp. if you need it. I can't send an attachment through the list.

Regards,
Ruth
Author: Ruth Gramolini
  INET: rgramolini_at_tax.state.vt.us