Re: LogMiner and Auditing

From: Joseph S. Testa <teci_at_oracle-dba.com>
Date: Wed, 14 Feb 2001 15:16:12 -0800

Nope, not auditing as in the pure essence of auditing like oracle auditing.

But I've done the concept of pin pointing what user dropped a table based on the DML of the dictionary tables, tab$, col$, etc.

So thats an extreme subset at best. Besides with oracle auditing you can audit select statements(if i remember correctly), where as logminer only does DML against tables and with some serious investigative work DDL against tables(which in reality is only DML against the data dictionary).

hth, joe

<SNIP OF THE STORY>

--
Joe Testa  http://www.oracle-dba.com
Performing Remote DBA Services, need some backup DBA support?
Author: Joseph S. Testa
  INET: teci_at_oracle-dba.com