RE: What parameters affect the relationship between semaphores and

From: Steve Adams <steve.adams_at_ixora.com.au>
Date: Wed, 14 Feb 2001 15:15:47 -0800

Hi Cherie,

You may not have exited from the session that was used to shutdown one of those database. If so, the corresponding IPC resources would remain marked for deletion, but not yet free for reuse.

Another possible explanation is that on some platforms the semaphores need to be allocated contiguously in a single semaphore set. That is why my book says, "If the semaphore clients are not always shut down and started up in strict sequence, then an extra allowance at least equal to the largest single requirement is recommended."

@ Regards,
@ Steve Adams
@ http://www.ixora.com.au/
@ http://www.christianity.net.au/