Crontab ,HELP!!!

From: Dash, Saroj (CAP,CEF) <Saroj.Dash_at_gecapital.com>
Date: Tue, 06 Feb 2001 20:20:31 -0800

Hello All,

      I want to run a Job using crontab scheduling.The job is running but with error like sqlplus and svrmgrl not found.

   When I am using the crontab script then it gives some error ,like sqlplus and svrmgrl not found.

But ths same scripts manually working fine .

So please tell me is there any path will setup to run the crontab . I am running the crontab from oracle id ,not from root.

Please tell me what is the problem if i will run in orcale id. Where i will give permission so that it will get the path of sqlplus and svrmgrl .

I am sending the out put of cron .Please see it and tell me.

our "cron" job on JLCSBLU1
/db/oracle/oradata/scripts/SIEBELBKUP/coldbkup

produced the following output:

Started Cold Backup For jlisuser Wed Feb  7 11:05:01 JST 2001
Started Cold Backup For jlisuser Wed Feb  7 11:05:01 JST 2001

/db/oracle/oradata/scripts/SIEBELBKUP/coldbkup: sqlplus: not found
/db/oracle/oradata/scripts/SIEBELBKUP/coldbkup: sqlplus: not found
/db/oracle/oradata/scripts/SIEBELBKUP/coldbkup: sqlplus: not found
/db/oracle/oradata/scripts/SIEBELBKUP/coldbkup: sqlplus: not found
/db/oracle/oradata/scripts/SIEBELBKUP/coldbkup: /bin/svrmgrl: not found

Regards,
saroj.

Author: Dash, Saroj  (CAP,CEF)
  INET: Saroj.Dash_at_gecapital.com