RE: Crontab ,HELP!!!

From: Rajesh Dayal <Rajesh_at_ohitelecom.com>
Date: Tue, 06 Feb 2001 21:05:03 -0800

Hi Saroj,

You need to initialize the environment variables first in the cron file like ORACLE_SID, ORACLE_HOME etc. Also you will have to provide the Full path of the executables One of the sample cron file is something like this:

banner BACKUP
echo STARTING DAILY BACKUP ON `date`.......... ORACLE_SID=pasi
export ORACLE_SID
ORACLE_HOME=/u03/app/oracle/8.1.6; export ORACLE_HOME

/u03/app/oracle/8.1.6/bin/exp moh/hnh97 FULL=Y
FILE=/u06/oradmp/allmoh.dmp GRANTS=Y INDEXES=Y LOG=/u06/oradmp/allmoh.log

rm -f /u05/oracle8/arch/backctl
/u03/app/oracle/8.1.6/bin/svrmgrl << !

connect internal
alter database backup controlfile to '/u05/oracle8/arch/backctl' ; alter system switch logfile ;
exit
!
mt rewind
tar -cvp -f /dev/rmt0h /u06/oradmp/*
tar -rvp /u05/oracle8/arch/arc*
echo DAILY BACKUP COMPLETED SUCCESSFULLY .... echo PLEASE CHECK FOR ANY ERRORS ......
mt rewind
mt offline
banner END-BACKUP

HTH,