Re: Crontab ,HELP!!!

From: djordjej <djordjej_at_home.com>
Date: Tue, 06 Feb 2001 23:38:49 -0800

You can also set the profile (invoke the profile file) from inside the script. This is usually the first line run.

Make sure to put the ". " (dor space) before the call of the profile script, as in the example Mike gave you.

So this will work:
. profile
but this will not:
profile

HTH Djordje

Hi Saroj,

crontab runs within its own environment (ie. it doesn't inherit an environment from any .profile or /etc/profile etc), so you will have to explicitly call them in your crontab job line (eg. . /etc/profile;<script or command> ) or even better declare the variables that the script will need in the beginning of the script and then just have the name of the script at the top.

This one got me too. :-)

Later,
Mike.

Michael Henderson, DBA
http://www.nzoom.com
DDI: +64-9-916 6941 Fax: +64-9-308 9614 Mob: 021-465 466

>>> Saroj.Dash_at_gecapital.com 02/07 5:10 pm >>>

Hello All,

      I want to run a Job using crontab scheduling.The job is running but with error like sqlplus and svrmgrl not found.

   When I am using the crontab script then it gives some error ,like sqlplus and svrmgrl not found.

But ths same scripts manually working fine .

So please tell me is there any path will setup to run the crontab . I am running the crontab from oracle id ,not from root.

Please tell me what is the problem if i will run in orcale id. Where i will give permission so that it will get the path of sqlplus and svrmgrl .

I am sending the out put of cron .Please see it and tell me.

our "cron" job on JLCSBLU1
/db/oracle/oradata/scripts/SIEBELBKUP/coldbkup

produced the following output:

Started Cold Backup For jlisuser Wed Feb  7 11:05:01 JST 2001
Started Cold Backup For jlisuser Wed Feb  7 11:05:01 JST 2001

/db/oracle/oradata/scripts/SIEBELBKUP/coldbkup: sqlplus: not found
/db/oracle/oradata/scripts/SIEBELBKUP/coldbkup: sqlplus: not found
/db/oracle/oradata/scripts/SIEBELBKUP/coldbkup: sqlplus: not found
/db/oracle/oradata/scripts/SIEBELBKUP/coldbkup: sqlplus: not found
/db/oracle/oradata/scripts/SIEBELBKUP/coldbkup: /bin/svrmgrl: not found

Regards,
saroj.

Author: Dash, Saroj  (CAP,CEF)
  INET: Saroj.Dash_at_gecapital.com