RE: Thanks and another book request

From: Mark Leith <mark_at_cool-tools.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 02 Feb 2001 05:43:15 -0800

Anybody hear Rachel rubbing her hands together after another book sale? :)

I used Oracle's CBT's when I first entered in to the big bad Oracle world back on 7, and found them quite handy at getting my head around Oracles structures, and how it works.. They were very handy for a beggining knowledge of Oracle.

I have heard that DBA 101 is a very good reference source for day to day problems, although it doesn't go indepth (but the name suggest that huh..), and I don't personally have a copy - Sorry Rachel :^) Where can I buy it from?

Having a good knowledge of just where to find the answers to problems in the Oracle documentation, I have found is enough to get me by. It is not always a matter of cramming all of the information in to your brain, because there is just too much for any one person to physically know, apart from Steve Adams I guess :)

Skim the Oracle docs, try to learn which are good references for specific areas of Oracle, and also read read read anyway..

This way you build your knowledge, but you then also know where to dig in a "pull your hair out, oh my god I've run out of cigarettes, HELP ME PLEASE!!!" kind of time.

And stay on this list!! I have found no better resource anywhere!!

Regards

Mark

Author: Margaret
  INET: chigarden_at_netzero.net