RE: Oracle8 on NT (/Win2k) backup software

From: Reardon, Bruce (CALBBAY) <Bruce.Reardon_at_comalco.riotinto.com.au>
Date: Thu, 01 Feb 2001 20:33:17 -0800

Hi Eric,

FWIW We use Backup Exec (currently version 7.3) for our NT backups on our Oracle server.
However, we do not use it backup the database (just the files produced by RMAN / exports).

We use RMAN for our hotbackups and do exports as well.

Backup Exec seems to work well for what we are doing.

It depends - do you want back up direct to tape, ?

Native NT backup -
you have to write batch files and then get a separate schedular and including / excluding certain directories will be messier, no catalog of what is on what tape, does it support a tape swapper if you have one, and so on...

Good luck,

Bruce

Bruce Reardon
Author: Reardon, Bruce (CALBBAY)
  INET: Bruce.Reardon_at_comalco.riotinto.com.au