Re:Datafile corrupted

From: <dgoulet_at_vicr.com>
Date: Mon, 29 Jan 2001 10:29:44 -0500

I'm afraid your stuck with having to restore your last good backup.

Subject: Datafile corrupted
Author: Beatriz =3D?iso-8859-1?Q?Mart=3DEDnez=3D20Jim=3DE9nez?=3D <beamar= @cidaut.es>
Date: 1/29/2001 2:40 AM

Hello all people,
 Well, I am going to expose what happens to me. I have tried to make a backup of my database, it's in NOARCHIVELOG mode.  After starting it (without opening it) I have run the RMAN utility and I get an error, saying that my datafile system01.dbf is  corrupted. So, after that, I run the DBverify utility to know more details of this corruption. And now, I know I have 30  corrupted pages, but I don't know what could I do with them. I have read something about the DBMS_REPAIR package, but I  don't know how to use it because it repairs corrupt blocks only in tables and indexes, and there is nothing about files.  Could somebody tell me whether I could mend it, or, on the contrary, it is a imposible task (It would be impossible for me if it  were difficult to make...)?
 A lot of thanks in advance, Beatriz
font>
expose what happens to me. I have tried to make a backup of my database, it&acute;s in NOARCHIVELOG mode.</font></font>
(without opening it) I have run the RMAN utility and I get an error, sayi= ng
that my datafile system01.dbf is</font></font>
fter
that, I run the DBverify utility to know more details of this corruption.=

And now, I know I have 30</font></font>
 but
I don&acute;t know what could I do with them. I have read something about=

the DBMS_REPAIR package, but I</font></font>
 how
to use it because it repairs corrupt blocks only in tables and indexes, and there is nothing about files.</font></font>
ell
me whether I could mend it, or, on the contrary, it is a imposible task (It would be impossible for me if it</font></font>
make...)?</font></font>
in
begin:vcard =

n:Mart=EDnez Jim=E9nez;Beatriz =

x-mozilla-html:FALSE

url:www.cidaut.es
org:Fundaci=F3n CIDAUT;Departamento Inform=E1tica
adr:;;Parque Tecnol=F3gico de Boecillo;Boecillo;Vallodolid;47151;Espa=F1a=

version:2.1
email;internet:beamar_at_cidaut.es Received on Mon Jan 29 2001 - 09:29:44 CST