Datafile corrupted

From: Beatriz Martínez Jiménez <beamar_at_cidaut.es>
Date: Mon, 29 Jan 2001 11:45:33 +0100

This is a multi-part message in MIME format. --------------F9C257279B130E11D6A92FB0

--------------E248461E1825B6B2C6CA2818

Hello all people,
 Well, I am going to expose what happens to me. I have tried to make a backup of my database, it´s in NOARCHIVELOG mode.  After starting it (without opening it) I have run the RMAN utility and I get an error, saying that my datafile system01.dbf is  corrupted. So, after that, I run the DBverify utility to know more details of this corruption. And now, I know I have 30  corrupted pages, but I don´t know what could I do with them. I have read something about the DBMS_REPAIR package, but I  don´t know how to use it because it repairs corrupt blocks only in tables and indexes, and there is nothing about files.  Could somebody tell me whether I could mend it, or, on the contrary, it is a imposible task (It would be impossible for me if it  were difficult to make...)?
 A lot of thanks in advance, Beatriz

--------------E248461E1825B6B2C6CA2818

expose what happens to me. I have tried to make a backup of my database, it&acute;s in NOARCHIVELOG mode.</font></font>
(without opening it) I have run the RMAN utility and I get an error, saying that my datafile system01.dbf is</font></font>
that, I run the DBverify utility to know more details of this corruption. And now, I know I have 30</font></font>
I don&acute;t know what could I do with them. I have read something about the DBMS_REPAIR package, but I</font></font>
to use it because it repairs corrupt blocks only in tables and indexes, and there is nothing about files.</font></font>
me whether I could mend it, or, on the contrary, it is a imposible task (It would be impossible for me if it</font></font>
make...)?</font></font>

--------------E248461E1825B6B2C6CA2818--

--------------F9C257279B130E11D6A92FB0

 filename="beamar.vcf"

begin:vcard
n:Martínez Jiménez;Beatriz
x-mozilla-html:FALSE

url:www.cidaut.es
org:Fundación CIDAUT;Departamento Informática
adr:;;Parque Tecnológico de Boecillo;Boecillo;Vallodolid;47151;España
version:2.1
email;internet:beamar_at_cidaut.es
title:Ingeniera Informática Received on Mon Jan 29 2001 - 04:45:33 CST