Re: Distributing App. with Oracle Forms

From: <MTPConsulting_at_aol.com>
Date: Mon, 29 Jan 2001 10:25:50 EST

If you want to run in a client/server mode, you will need to install NET8
(sqlnet) and then either install the runtime Forms module (and registry
entries) or setup Forms on a network drive that you can access. Alternatively, you can install the Forms server on your database server or on another location and then you not need to install anything on your office PC
(except a browser and optionally jinitiator which self-installs).

Marc Perkowitz
MTP Systems Consulting

In a message dated 1/29/2001 2:38:56 AM Central Standard Time, Foelz.Frank_at_Scheidt-Bachmann.de writes:

<< Hi everybody,

 I am building an application with Oracle Forms 6.0.  This app. should run on a single PC. with no local Oracle  database. The Database is accessible over the network.

 What Oracle products do I have to install on a Office  PC to connect to this database.

 (For myself, I am running on a developer machine having  Oracle and most of its components installed. I do not  have another machine, and I dont want to remove my Oracle  installation for test reasons only) Received on Mon Jan 29 2001 - 09:25:50 CST