off topic: Career Move

From: john lewis <firstoaktreeontheleft_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 29 Jan 2001 13:27:15 -0800 (PST)

I'm faced with my employer (a .com) going 'away' in the very near future.

I want to look around some and try out different things
before I go with a company again. I'd like to try to contract out directly to companies as opposed to using an agency.

Any thoughts on this?
Has anyone done it successfully?
The major problem I can see is healthcare. Any solutions there?

Is there a registry(?) of persons who contract directly with companies.

I'm on the ferry system and currently work in downtown Seattle.

Thanks.

Do You Yahoo!?
Yahoo! Auctions - Buy the things you want at great prices. http://auctions.yahoo.com/ Received on Mon Jan 29 2001 - 15:27:15 CST