RE: MTS vs. Dedicated connection

From: MacGregor, Ian A. <ian_at_SLAC.Stanford.EDU>
Date: Fri, 12 Jan 2001 09:56:34 -0800

Getting MTS to work as far as connecting to the database isn't difficult, and there are some things such as IIOP connections which require it. There are a few things to look out for. MTS adversely impacts the shared pool. There is a large_pool_size init.ora parameter to mitigate this. If your database activity is not constant, but is subject to bursts, the shared servers can be gobbled up at an amazing rate, even if the activity is comprised of simple queries returning small amounts of data.

Ian A MacGregor
Stanford Linear Accelerator Center
ian_at_slac.stanford.edu

Author: jared still