Can Someone shed some light on this Pls

From: Vivek <Vivek_at_1800FLOWERS.com>
Date: Wed, 10 Jan 2001 06:22:17 -0500

Pre 8.0 there was the LRU list, LRUW list and the Check point queue list. Whenever a block is dirtied (and according to a algorithm) ultimately the block was shifted to the LRUW list so that the DBWR can write the buffer out and the Checkpoint queue was populated when a check point is happening and the list of blocks that are to written out is made up in the check point queue. I was told that in 8.0 onwards even though the LRUW list exists its no longer used and the Check point queue list is used instead by te DBWR to write the blocks. This helps DBWR writes the blocks in the sequence they were dirtied.

Can someone shed some light on how a dirty block reaches the DB file in 8.0 version and above or Am I missing something?

Thanks in advance Received on Wed Jan 10 2001 - 05:22:17 CST