Re: update performance

From: <sfaroult_at_oriole.com>
Date: Wed, 10 Jan 2001 05:26:13 -0500 (EST)

Krishna,

   What do you mean by 'an index on the two columns' ? There is an index on each column ? Or both columns belong to a concatenated index ? If the latter case is the right one, it should be on (colA, colC), not the reverse. I think that the first thing to do is EXPLAIN PLAN, anyway. Beware of triggers, too.

HTH, Stephane Faroult
Oriole Corporation

--
This mail was sent through http://www.mail-inspector.de
Mail Inspector is a free service of http://www.is-fun.net CHECK OUT !

This mail was sent from host 194.3.142.126