RE: Snapshots with Huge Data...

From: Leng Kaing <lkaing_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 7 Jan 2001 03:17:54 -0800 (PST)

Sorry, in between the holidays and all I haven't been keeping up with my digests. So I don't know if anyone has replied to your email.

In case they haven't....

Yes, in short the import will not help you one little bit. You've got to do a complete refresh or recreate the snapshot, which would do a refresh anyhow.

Leng - lkaing_at_yahoo.com

 From: "Kamalakannan, D (CAP, GCF)"
 Date: Tue, 2 Jan 2001 13:09:46 +0100
 Subject: RE: Snapshots with Huge Data...

This means that there is no necessity for importing the data since a
complete refresh will take a lot of time and it will not help the original
cause for importing.This way of implementing the snapshots is not right for
the original cause ?
Correct me if I am wrong !
Kamal