Re: Snapshots with Huge Data...

From: Stefan Moeding <s.moeding_at_ndh.net>
Date: 07 Jan 2001 14:06:21 +0100

Hi!

Leng Kaing writes:

> Sorry, in between the holidays and all I haven't been
> keeping up with my digests. So I don't know if anyone
> has replied to your email.

> In case they haven't....

> Yes, in short the import will not help you one little
> bit. You've got to do a complete refresh or recreate
> the snapshot, which would do a refresh anyhow.

I also seem to have missed the discussion...

In fact there is a way to use the imported table as a base for a fast refresh. We are currently testing this with 8i (not sure if all prerequisites are met in 8.0). In short:

As far as I remember, the description of the prebuilt table clause is not in the Replication Manual but in the Data Warehousing Guide. Look at the "Registration of an Existing Materialized View" chapter.

--
Stefan

------------------------------

 From: "bunyamin karadeniz" <bunyamink_at_havelsan.com.tr>
 Date: Mon, 9 Oct 2000 16:35:03 +0300
 Subject: OraCLE fORMS-REPORTS

------=_NextPart_000_026B_01C0320E.E00D1AA0

HI FRIENDS,
 I would like to ask where can I find a good tutorial including =
(built-in functions,etc) about=20
OraCLE fORMS-REPORTS....

TIA

Bunyamin K. Karadeniz
Information Technologies Dept.
Database Group Tel :90-312-2873565/1681
HAVELSAN Ankara / TURKEY

------=_NextPart_000_026B_01C0320E.E00D1AA0

<HTML><HEAD>
http-equiv=3DContent-Type>
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#a6caf0>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>HI FRIENDS,</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>&nbsp;I would like to ask where can I =
find a good=20
tutorial including (built-in functions,etc) about <FONT face=3D"MS Sans =
Serif"=20
size=3D1>
<P>OraCLE fORMS-REPORTS....</P>