Data Move from production to Test server

From: Dash, Saroj (CAP,CEF) <Saroj.Dash_at_gecapital.com>
Date: Fri, 5 Jan 2001 18:34:30 +0900

Hello Gurus,

Good Morning.

  In production server the OS is UNIX. Suppose UNIX OS has crashed. The database is in Noarchive log mode.
We don`t have any file system backup.
  We kept all the datafiles, redo log files and control files are well backed up in a Tape.We don`t have export .dmp file.   Only cold backs are fine .

  Question is : How can I get all the production data in Test machine.I don`t have export dmp file.

Production server and test server OS are same i.e Sun solaris. Orcale Version is :8.0.4
If i will do all the Step below can I see all the data which was in production server.if any othe steps please tell me.

STEP 1 .If I deleted all the datafiles, redo log files and control files from test server and
STEP 2: Create the directory structure in Test server same as Production database
STEP3 : No need of re-creating the database script in test server STEP4 : Only copied all datafiles,redolog files and control files from tape to test server
STEP4 : startup

 Can I get all the data in test server which was in production server .

Please tell me what are the steps to be required in this situation. Received on Fri Jan 05 2001 - 03:34:30 CST