RE: Data Move from production to Test server

From: Deshpande, Kirti <kirti.deshpande_at_verizon.com>
Date: Fri, 5 Jan 2001 07:19:20 -0600

Hi Saroj,
If your cold backup of the database is good (i.e. tapes are readable) and the test server has the right oracle version, the steps you outlined in your e-mail should get the db running on the test server. You will probably need to setup the oratab file in /etc (or /opt) directory, if auto startup of database after machine reboot is desired. You will also need the init.ora file in the proper directory. The 'startup' command from your 4th step will expect the init.ora file in the $ORACLE_HOME/dbs directory. Other than that it should work just fine.
Good Luck..
- Kirti Deshpande