RE: Unions & DBA - Job boundaries & perks

From: Mohammad Rafiq <rafiq9857_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 22 Dec 2000 09:54:19 -0500

Rama,
What about other factors like quality of life,peace,free madical system for health,vision etc, no big expenses to keep more than 1 car and pay high insurance like in USA, assistance in College education for children, good public transport system, better social security system and things like that. In nutshel I am earning more than twice in US than UK but my savings are almost the same with less mental peace. I moved to US because of my immigration and family reasons. But if I had a choice to live, then I preferred UK or Holland or other part of Europe then US. That is my experience of 3 years for living in Holland(1984-87) and in UK(1995-98)
Regards
Rafiq

From: "Rama Malladi" <rmalladi_at_inteliant.com> Reply-To: ORACLE-L_at_fatcity.com
To: Multiple recipients of list ORACLE-L <ORACLE-L_at_fatcity.com> Subject: RE: Unions & DBA - Job boundaries & perks Date: Thu, 21 Dec 2000 09:12:47 -0800

Cherie,
  I was in England before. I did not come across any unions among Software people. They may belong to an union simply because their organization is unionized. Say for ex. If you work with a big Auto industry firm, you may belong to an union, even though you do software stuff...

  That is my observation and I could be wrong. Anyways, Salaries there are very low. A New Grad gets around UK Pounds 15000/year. Where as in the US, it is about $40000/year. Same with experienced people. After 3 years experience, people there make UK Pounds 25000/year, in US, it goes above $60000/year. These are averages....

  So there is price to having unions... America is better off the way it is now.... Otherwise I would not have moved to US....!!!

Rama

Author: Rama Malladi

   INET: rmalladi_at_inteliant.com

to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Fri Dec 22 2000 - 08:54:19 CST