V$SQLAREA Executions Error?

From: Jack C. Applewhite <Jack.Applewhite_at_sbti.com>
Date: Thu, 07 Dec 2000 10:00:16 -0600

Hi,

Is anyone aware of any problem with V$SQLAREA not showing an accurate count of Executions? I ran several concurrent scripts to stress test 8.1.6 on Solaris 8 Intel. Each script looped for 1000 or 10,000 times, either inserting, updating or selecting from a 100,000 row table.

V$SQLAREA.Executions incremented for one of the SQL Select statements only about 19,000 times when it should have been 40,000. When I ran 4 of those very same scripts without all the others, Executions showed the correct 40,000.

Under load, does V$SQLAREA not get updated sometimes?

Thanks.

Jack

--
Jack C. Applewhite