RE: NetApp (was utl_file_dir)

From: <Winnie_Liu_at_infonet.com>
Date: Mon, 4 Dec 2000 16:54:07 -0800

I will agree that both TEMP and INDEX are "easy" to rebuild. You sure that they don't require you to backup RBS? It is not easy to rebuild it at all! :D

Winnie

Satar Naghshineh <Satar.Naghshineh_at_irvine.mellesgriot.com>@fatcity.com = on
12/04/2000 03:45:26 PM

Please respond to ORACLE-L_at_fatcity.com

Sent by: root_at_fatcity.com

To: Multiple recipients of list ORACLE-L <ORACLE-L_at_fatcity.com> cc:

Subject: RE: NetApp (was utl_file_dir)

NetApp is suggesting that the DBA doesn't have to backup the RBS, TEMP = and
INDEX tablespace. The "logic" behind that assumption is that one could easily re-create those tablespaces rather than backing them up everytim= e.
The Snapshot utility is generally pushed/prostituted in business environments (like in VLDB) in which backups must be fast and take up l= ess
space.

Regards,
Satar

PS My suggestions/comments are the result of the voices of my head only= ,
and do not represent NetApp Corp.