RE: NetApp (was utl_file_dir)

From: Eric D. Pierce <PierceED_at_csus.edu>
Date: Tue, 5 Dec 2000 16:31:27 -0800

I know "0" about Unix, or this product, but please explain why the following excerpts from he citied URL wouldn't be quite disturbing:

     "(Note: NetApp always
      recommends that all data be backed up to tape often. Snapshots
      should be used as a supplement, not a replacement, for tape
      backup.)"

     "The examples concerning restore in this technical report assume
     that the data required is still stored in a Snapshot. If that is
     not the case (either because the Snapshot has been deleted, or
     because the failure was on the filer itself) then you will need
     to perform an restore-from-tape operation. "

thanks,
ep

On 5 Dec 2000, at 13:45, Satar Naghshineh wrote:

Date sent:      	Tue, 05 Dec 2000 13:45:41 -0800
To:             	Multiple recipients of list ORACLE-L <ORACLE-L_at_fatcity.com>
From:           	Satar Naghshineh <Satar.Naghshineh_at_irvine.mellesgriot.com>
Subject:        	RE: NetApp (was utl_file_dir)