Backup Solutions - Veritas, Legato etc

From: Leng Kaing <lkaing_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 1 Dec 2000 17:14:52 -0800 (PST)

Hello everyone,

Sorry, yahoo is playing up on me... I don't know if this message very got thru so here it is again.

Env: 8.1.7 with OPS and Compaq Tru64 Unix with clustering

I'd like to hear from anyone who has done some investigations on backup solutions, and the solution you took. The 2 products we're looking at right now are Veritas and Legato. We've got about 5 clusters (2 nodes per cluster) with large amounts of data and transactions. We need to do hot backups with as much speed as possible.

So, any helpful reasoning behind your
choices/experiences would be appreciated.

TIA, Leng.

Leng Kaing - lkaing_at_yahoo.com

Do You Yahoo!?
Yahoo! Shopping - Thousands of Stores. Millions of Products. Received on Fri Dec 01 2000 - 19:14:52 CST