Re: What should I notice when I drop an index and recreate it.

From: Gillian M <zmkj04_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 24 Nov 2000 11:01:44 -0800 (PST)

Yes, once a package was create, referring to a particular index, then you need to
re-create/re-compile that package after messing with the index.

If you have Designer or OEM, there are tools, that can give dependencies.

You should also watch out for foreign keys. If the index is a primary key, and a foreign key references that primary key, then you need to disable the FK, else Oracle would not let you mess with the index.

G!

Do You Yahoo!?
Yahoo! Shopping - Thousands of Stores. Millions of Products. Received on Fri Nov 24 2000 - 13:01:44 CST