unusable indexes

From: Chuck Hamilton <chuck_hamilton_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 24 Nov 2000 11:16:09 -0800 (PST)

--0-1632621729-975093369=:16455

Can anyone explain to me how a global non-partitioned index that's on a partitioned table can be rebuilt using the "alter index rebuild" command when one of the table's partitions has been truncated? I expected it to return an error since "rebuild" uses the existing index as the data source and the index is marked "unusable" as soon as the truncate completes. After I ran the rebuild however, the index was marked as VALID.

Do You Yahoo!?