Changing the word size (32 bits to 64 bits)

From: paquette stephane <stephane_paquette_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 7 Nov 2000 04:39:09 -0800 (PST)

Hi all,

I've changed the word size of a database the following way:

1. Copy the datafiles on a server with Oracle
8.1.6/Solaris 2.7 64bits from a server having Oracle
8.1.6/Solaris 2.7 32 bits.

2. Recreate the control file

3. Start the db
4. Run the utlirp.sql script

When I started the db I had an ORA-378, I then fixed the buffer pool parameter(this error was not occuring on the32 bits version). Besides that things are fine.

Anything I missed ? Any Gotchas ?
TIA

Stephane Paquette
DBA Oracle