RE: Partition rebuilds

From: Deshpande, Kirti <kirti.deshpande_at_verizon.com>
Date: Tue, 24 Oct 2000 21:37:23 -0500

It's not just the 8.0.5 and partitioning, whenever the rowid in table changes (during defragmentation tasks, for example), all the indexes containing that rowid become useless. That's why they need to be rebuilt to get the new rowids.
This was one of the reasons we chose to stay with just local indexes for our partitioned tables (and the Appl did not have a need for any global or non-partitioned indexes). So only one partition is affected and not available during defragmentation efforts.... - Kirti