Cold backup on NT w/Arcserve

From: Gary Norwell <gnorwell_at_hybridturkeys.com>
Date: Wed, 11 Oct 2000 10:03:57 -0400

I will shortly be inheriting an NT 4.0 server with Arcserve for NT on it. It is going to house a small departmental database via Oracle 8 Standard Edition. My plan was to perform nightly cold backups similar to our other Oracle Servers (AIX). There is no requirement for the DB to be up in the wee hours of the morning.

Could someone on the list point me in the right direction regarding the proper shutdown of the database on NT prior to the cold backup. I presume there is some sort of equivalent to CRON I can utilize here to schedule a shutdown before and startup after the ArcServe backup.

Gary Norwell, Database Developer
Hybrid Turkeys a Division of Nutreco Canada 650 Riverbend Drive, Suite "C"
Kitchener Ontario Canada N2K 3S2
(519) 578-2740 Fax (519) 578-1870