Forms Server on Different Machine than Database

From: Bond, Mike <CEMAB_at_cews.okc.disa.mil>
Date: Mon, 2 Oct 2000 13:28:35 -0500

Forms Server on Different Machine than Database

Using Forms 6i and RDBMS 8.1.5 and OAS 4.0.8.1 on Windows NT 4.0 SP5, is it (un)advisable to put the Forms server and OAS on a different Host than the Database?

Since I also want to run Oracle Fail Safe on the Database server, it seems a lot simpler to keep the app/web servers separate from the database server. I know OAS 'MUST' go on a different host, what about Forms? It that possible?

Thanks, Received on Mon Oct 02 2000 - 13:28:35 CDT