Re: Forms Server on Different Machine than Database

From: <MTPConsulting_at_aol.com>
Date: Mon, 2 Oct 2000 17:09:48 EDT

As far as I know, all three can be on the same or different hosts and you can mix and match operating systems also (assuming you have the licenses). Just recently I installed Oracel 8.1.6 and IAS (including Forms 6i server) on the same HP-UX box (different homes). This was done because the current load is very light and the client didn't want to invest in more hardware than needed yet. But the more common scenario is OAS/IAS on a separate host with the Forms Server -- though the Forms Server can be on a separate host as well.

Marc Perkowitz
MTP Systems Consulting

In a message dated 10/2/00 2:07:32 PM Central Daylight Time, CEMAB_at_cews.okc.disa.mil writes:

<< Forms Server on Different Machine than Database

 Using Forms 6i and RDBMS 8.1.5 and OAS 4.0.8.1 on Windows NT 4.0 SP5, is it  (un)advisable to put the Forms server and OAS on a different Host than the  Database?

 Since I also want to run Oracle Fail Safe on the Database server, it seems a  lot simpler to keep the app/web servers separate from the database server. I  know OAS 'MUST' go on a different host, what about Forms? It that possible?     Received on Mon Oct 02 2000 - 16:09:48 CDT