Tracing transactions

From: Helmut Daiminger <hdaiminger_at_vivonet.com>
Date: Mon, 2 Oct 2000 14:42:17 -0700

Hello!

I got a problem to solve here, I'm not sure about how to do it:

We need to write all changes to the database in a specific table; this needs to be done from within our application (JDBC connection to db).

i.e. that within one transaction, we do quite a few inserts and updates to several tables. We need to trace all these changes in a table and assign a transaction ID to these changes.

We need to be able to see all changes to the various tables that were made within the same transaction (i.e. same SCN number).

What would be the best way to achieve this? Use DB auditing?

Thanks,
Helmut

PS: This is 8.0.5 on HP-UX. Received on Mon Oct 02 2000 - 16:42:17 CDT