Re: compatible parameter in init.ora

From: aaaa wwwwww <krisibm_at_lycos.com>
Date: Mon, 25 Sep 2000 22:55:10 -0700

Dear Nico

My experiance should give U lot of insight into this problem.

One day in hurry I created 2 databases on Solaris , Oracle 7.3.2.

I wanted to add tablespaces, it flatly refused and says Your compatibility is of 0.0.0.0 I cann't write in the log as it is created with 0.0.0.0 compatibility.

I didn't know if I should cry or laugh !

I rushed to my init.ora

Yes, compatibility=7.3.2 but commented

Simply copying something , not going through all parameters costed me about half an hour more for deleting old one and for creating new dbs

If some one knows how to make 0.0.0.0. compatibility to 7 or 8 etc pl.. let me know

bye

Rao