RE: Informix to Oracle conversion

From: James Howerton <jhowerton_at_uabmc.edu>
Date: Tue, 12 Sep 2000 16:41:05 -0500

Bill,

The help I need is not really with the kit but with just a few Informix = basics. I have never worked with Informix and there is nolonger anyone = here that has either(or won't admit to it anyway). The scripts supplied by = the Oracle kit use dbadmin to interface with the database. I have no clue = how to use this product and I'm running it against a production system. Do = I need to logon as the Informix UNIX user and then run dbadmin? When I run = it as annother user I get not connected errors, here is an example of the = run=20
  =20
   " dbaccess database_name script.sql"

Is there anything resembling sqlplus available for interacting with the = database?

Thanks

...JIM...
>>> wcarle_at_att.com 9/12/00 12:34:13 PM >>>
I have done an Informix to Oracle conversion, but I'm not sure what the Oracle conversion kit is. I wrote my own conversion.

Bill Carle
AT&T
Database Administrator
816-995-3922
wcarle_at_att.com=20

Author: James Howerton
  INET: jhowerton_at_uabmc.edu=20

To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). --=20
Author: Carle, William T (Bill), NBSO
  INET: wcarle_at_att.com=20
To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Tue Sep 12 2000 - 16:41:05 CDT