urgent help on oracle installation.....

From: vipul desai <desaivipul_at_usa.net>
Date: 9 Aug 00 21:13:24 MDT

Hi there,

  I am installing oracle on sun box, but it is giving me problem...

   "There are still sgadef<SID>.dbf file in $ORACLE_HOME. This indicates = tat
there may still be running instance. you must shutdown all database insta= nces
associated with this oracle_home before updateing the server"

   as per my knowledge oracle was installed on this box but someone delet= ed
oracle directory with rm command and now i am trying to reinstall i am fa= cing
this porblem.

   i am not sure on the other related files and related settings on the u= nix
could any one please show me the correct direction to remove all other dependent files so that i can do fresh installation...

   thanks in advance...

      -Vipul

Get free email and a permanent address at http://www.netaddress.com/?N=3D= 1

 From: Rajagopal Venkataramany <rajagopalvr_at_excite.com>  Date: Wed, 9 Aug 2000 20:20:13 -0700 (PDT)  Subject: Re: utl_file under windows NT gives me an INVALID_PATH error when the

Hi,

Utl_file always write to the file in the server machine. If u are trying to use utl_file and have it write on the client machine, it would give this error and would not be possible to make oracle do this.

Regards
Rajagopal Venkataramany

On Wed, 09 Aug 2000 09:10:04 -0800, ORACLE-L_at_fatcity.com wrote:

> I couldn't give a value different from * for the utl_file_dir parameter
in
> the initSid.ora file. I tried things like C:\tmp or C:\windows\tmp, but
> always have an INVALID_PATH error. But the same script works in the Unix
> environment whether the value for the utl_file_dir is * or any existing
> directory. Is there something that I missed ?
>
> Please help !!!
>

> --------
> @biy @lemu
> abiy.alemu_at_criltelecom.com <mailto:abiy.alemu_at_criltelecom.com>
> Cril Telecom Software
> France
>
> --
> Author: ALEMU Abiy
> INET: abiy.alemu_at_criltechnology.com

Regards
Rajagopal Venkataramany

Say Bye to Slow Internet!
http://www.home.com/xinbox/signup.html

 From: "Nguyen, Long" <Long.Nguyen_at_its.csiro.au>  Date: Thu, 10 Aug 2000 13:50:15 +1000
 Subject: RE: JDBC question

Hi,

I have downloaded classes12_01.zip (thin driver for 8.1.6.0.1) from OTN. Tried it out - same problem encountered. I have logged a call to Oracle Support. Will let you know the result. Received on Wed Aug 09 2000 - 22:13:24 CDT