Re: Unfamiliar Schema Owners

From: Rachel Carmichael <carmichr_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 10 Aug 2000 02:18:44 GMT

Welcome to the wonderful world of a Dynamo database.. I've been managing one for a year.

Okay the schema owners you listed are Oracle supplied schemas, as follows:

OUTLN -- used for storing outline plans
CTXSYS -- Intermedia owner (used to be called Context, thus the CTX) AURORA$ORB$UNAUTHENTICATED -- JVM owner
DBSNMP -- Intelligent Agent

so.. if you are not using Intermedia, you can drop CTXSYS. If you are not using Oracle Names Server or OEM, you can drop DBSNMP.

If you are wary of dropping the users, at least change the passwords and see if anything breaks.

And check the privileges and roles that have been granted to these users -- DBSNMP usually gets the DBA role. And the password is DBSNMP. Not exactly secure.