Re: HP-UX 11.0 64-bit?

From: Gregory Conron <gconron_at_hfx.andara.com>
Date: Tue, 18 Jul 2000 17:51:53 -0300

On Tue, 18 Jul 2000, you wrote:
> Are their any particular reasons why you would want to go to 64 bit???
> Is your application 64 bit ???
> What does your aplication vendors say????

For us it's increased SGA. We're running the same version of Oracle and HP-UX as you, but are heading to 64-bit 8.1.6 (64-bit 8.0.5 has a nasty partitioned-table bug, causing end-of-communication-channel errors). We can then bump the SGA from it's current size of ~1.2 GB to about 8 GB (the box has 12 GB ram, and Oracle is the sole purpose of the box. Why not use as much as possible :)

As a bonus we'll get some of the nifty features of 8.1.6

Cheers,
GC

--
I love the way Microsoft follows standards.  In much the
same manner that fish follow migrating caribou.