Re: HP-UX 11.0 64-bit?

From: Suhen Pather <pathers5_at_telkom.co.za>
Date: Tue, 18 Jul 2000 16:47:15 +0200

Hi
We are running HPUX 11.0 64 bit.
But our Oracle is 8.0.5.2.1 32 bit.

Some of the reasons=20
At that time Oracle 64 bit had not released a 64 bit pro cobol compiler. The application that we use was still 32 bit. About 18 months ago when we evaluated the both Oracle versions lots of = bugs were
reported in Oracle 64 bit.
I am not sure if it is fixed up now.
The 32 bit Oracle 8.0.5.2.1 is very stable and their was no need to go the = 64 bit version.
recommendation from the vendor to use 32 bit 8.0.5

If you have a 32 bit application you may run into some problems. The way Oracle 64 bit interprets the application code.

Are their any particular reasons why you would want to go to 64 bit??? Is your application 64 bit ???
What does your aplication vendors say????

Hope this helps=20
$uhen
Oracle DBA
Telkom SA

>>> cgrabowy_at_fcg.com 07/18/00 03:55PM >>>
Is anyone currently running on HP-UX 11.0 64-bit? =20

We have this new box and were trying to figure whether to install Oracle 8.1.5 32-bit or 64-bit. Has anyone had any positive or negative experience= s
from running either version of Oracle on the 64-bit platform???

TIA!!! Chris Grabowy

"May Oracle be with you...always"

--=20
Author: Grabowy, Chris
  INET: cgrabowy_at_fcg.com=20

To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Tue Jul 18 2000 - 09:47:15 CDT