RE: Tips for Building the Designer2000 Repository

From: paquette stephane <stephane_paquette_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 17 Jul 2000 23:55:02 -0700 (PDT)

A stable data model ???
I've seen that in a dss application.
On oltp systems, I've been less lucky.

On the current project, I was in charge of studying the switch from AMC Designer to Oracle Designer 6. I've decided to stay with AMC Designer. Oracle Designer 6 was too much overhead (we're a .com) and very few people knew the product here.

At a previous client, we're using Designer 1.3.2, 2 Oracle gurus have spent weeks to configure it and build the templates, we achieve 90% generation.

I do not think 100% generation is possible. For example, the current version doesn't support Intermedia indexes which is common nowadays (since it's free).

Stephane Paquette
DBA Oracle
stephane_paquette_at_yahoo.com
spaquette_at_houra.fr