SQLDBA, Monitor, and OEM

From: Glenn Travis <Glenn.Travis_at_wcom.com>
Date: Mon, 10 Jul 2000 09:58:54 -0400

Please clarify;

The old sqldba utility was replaced by svrmgr. (v8) svrmgr is being replaced by sqlplus. (v8.1.?) The monitor command in sqldba is no longer available. (v8) Oracle Enterprise Manager (OEM) replaced monitor. (v8), but not included on cd until 8.1.6.
Is that correct?

Is there an equivalent utility like monitor in v8? It seems OEM is such a big, burly and full product. And from the messages on this list, a little cumbersome to install and use. Monitor was short and sweet and built in. I know we gained alot with OEM, but it came with baggage for the simple shop. Received on Mon Jul 10 2000 - 08:58:54 CDT