Import from V7 to V8 fails

From: Schoen Volker <v.schoen_at_inplan.de>
Date: Thu, 6 Jul 2000 14:19:43 +0200

Hi list,

I have a problem with my Oracle 8.1.5.

What have I done:

1. Export full database from Oracle 7.3.4
2. Import full database export into Orale 8.1.5, Import fails
3. Import only the needed schemas, works fine

Now my problem:
There are a lot of invalid objects in SYS schema. I can't recompile = these
objects. Another cuiriosity is that I can't drop a user. Oracle Support says:
Drop database and recreate it, but this is production and I don't like = to do
this.
Does anyone know if it is possible to repair this database, running catalog.sql doesn't help.

any help is welcome

TIA
Volker Sch=F6n
E-Mail: mailto:v.schoen_at_inplan.de