Re: Import from V7 to V8 fails

From: Chuck Hamilton <chuck_hamilton_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 6 Jul 2000 07:03:19 -0700 (PDT)

--0-1804289383-962892199=:17211

 Are you sure you're running the correct catalog.sql? After changing your ORACLE_SID to the new sid, did you run .oraenv to ensure that the PATH and ORACLE_HOME variables are pointing to the right directories before running catalog.sql? If not, rerun it with the correct environment settings. Also, are you sure you connected as SYS or INTERNAL when you ran catalog.sql?

Did you get any errors during either the export or the import? If so, try to determine what caused them and correct them.

If all of this fails, you'll probably have to recreate the database.

Schoen Volker <v.schoen_at_inplan.de> wrote:

Hi list,

I have a problem with my Oracle 8.1.5.

What have I done:

1. Export full database from Oracle 7.3.4
2. Import full database export into Orale 8.1.5, Import fails
3. Import only the needed schemas, works fine

Now my problem:
There are a lot of invalid objects in SYS schema. I can't recompile these objects. Another cuiriosity is that I can't drop a user. Oracle Support says:
Drop database and recreate it, but this is production and I don't like to do this.
Does anyone know if it is possible to repair this database, running catalog.sql doesn't help.

any help is welcome

TIA
Volker Schön
E-Mail: mailto:v.schoen_at_inplan.de
http://www.inplan.de

Author: Schoen Volker
INET: v.schoen_at_inplan.de

--0-1804289383-962892199=:17211

<P> Are you sure you're running the correct catalog.sql? After changing your ORACLE_SID to the new sid, did you run .oraenv to ensure that the PATH and ORACLE_HOME variables are pointing to the right directories before running catalog.sql? If not, rerun it with the correct environment settings. Also, are you sure you connected as SYS or INTERNAL when you ran catalog.sql?</P>
<P>Did you get any errors during either the export or the import? If so, try to determine what caused them and correct them.</P>
<P>If all of this fails, you'll probably have to recreate the database.</P>
<P><B><I>Schoen Volker &lt;v.schoen_at_inplan.de&gt;</I></B> wrote: <BR></P>
<BLOCKQUOTE style="BORDER-LEFT: #1010ff 2px solid; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; PADDING-LEFT: 5px">Hi list,<BR><BR>I have a problem with my Oracle 8.1.5.<BR><BR>What have I done:<BR>1. Export full database from Oracle 7.3.4<BR>2. Import full database export into Orale 8.1.5, Import fails<BR>3. Import only the needed schemas, works fine<BR><BR>Now my problem:<BR>There are a lot of invalid objects in SYS schema. I can't recompile these<BR>objects. Another cuiriosity is that I can't drop a user. Oracle Support<BR>says:<BR>Drop database and recreate it, but this is production and I don't like to do<BR>this.<BR>Does anyone know if it is possible to repair this database, running<BR>catalog.sql doesn't help.<BR><BR>any help is welcome<BR><BR>TIA<BR>Volker Schön<BR>E-Mail: mailto:v.schoen@inplan.de<BR>http://www.inplan.de<BR><BR><BR>--<BR>Author: Schoen Volker<BR>INET: v.schoen@inplan.de<BR><BR>Fat City Network Services -- (858) 538-5051 FAX: (858) 538-5051<BR>San Diego, California -- Public Int!