Re:Running 64 bit Pro*C on a 32 bit HP

From: <dgoulet_at_vicr.com>
Date: Fri, 30 Jun 2000 09:09:35 -0400

Kimberly,

    Sorry that won't work. You'll end up with a core dump. At a minimum you need to recompile for the .c file as 64 vs 32 is a compiler option. Been there, done that!!

Dick Goulet

Subject: Running 64 bit Pro*C on a 32 bit HP Author: Kimberly.smith_at_gmd.fujitsu.com
Date: 6/29/00 9:31 AM

Has anyone tried running Pro*C that is complied using the 64-bit shared library
but actually running it on a 32bit machine? We are in a situation where only
about 1/3 of our servers are upgraded and instead of running two versions of the
same code they would like to put the 64-bit version on the 32-bit machine.

Kimberly Smith
EDS/Fujitsu GMD
21015 SE Stark St
Gresham, OR
97030
E-Mail: kimberly.smith_at_gmd.fujitsu.com or

        kimberly.smith_at_eds.com
Phone : (503) 669-6050
Fax : (503) 669-5705

  INET: Kimberly.smith_at_gmd.fujitsu.com