RE: Real world OCP

From: Glen Braden <g.a.braden_at_larc.nasa.gov>
Date: Fri, 30 Jun 2000 09:15:57 -0400

I noticed that a lot of OCP questions deal with various things that I don't get much experience on in the day to day. I don't do well with rote memorization of fact, and prefer the hands on, learn it as it comes up approach. Unfortunately, my supervisor has made passing the OCP a performance item to be completed by my next review. So I need to study for the OCP on top of everything else I am doing (No one has said anything about paying or reimbursing me for the tests either). Also, I am sure the test results don't reflect how well I am able to take care of our many Oracle 6 database years after they were dropped from support. No GUI interfaces or OEM tools there... everything is character mode... Even with OEM and our new environments, when I have time, I prefer the old fashion writing of the script. I don't want to know what button to push, I want to know what happens when I push the button...

At 03:39 AM 6/30/00 -0800, you wrote:
>...and 'Oracle Corp certifying you as an expert in your field' simply means
>that you payed out a huge wad and remembered some stuff!

Glen A Braden                  g.a.braden_at_larc.nasa.gov
DBA                                 gbraden_at_visi.net
                                         ICQ#33298579
(757) 865-8440 x130          http://sun1misb.larc.nasa.gov/bamis/
(757) 865-6426 Fax           ADABAS 6.2.1 NATURAL 2.2.8++ TRIM 6.1.0
NCI Information Systems   SUPERNATURAL 3.1.5 MVS/OS 390 CICS 4.3
                                        ORACLE 6 (don't Ask), ORACLE 7,