OFF TOPIC -- Windows bat file

From: Wayne McGill <McGillWL_at_navair.navy.mil>
Date: Fri, 30 Jun 2000 09:17:41 -0700

I need some help in writing a Windows NT bat file. I am trying to open an application and get it to create a log file. I can do these steps manually but I am trying to automate the procedure.

I have written a bat-file which opens the application but at that point, I have to:
  Go under the "Printer" menu and select "Logs"   Click on "Retrieve Log Data" button
  Click on "Save to File" button
I would like to have my bat-file do all of that automatically.

I am speaking with the company that developed the application and they are telling me that I will have to manually create the log-file.

Does anyone know any tricks to do it otherwise? Is there a way to simulate mouse clicks with a bat-file or something similar?

The end result of this will be to automate the process of creating the log file and moving it from Windows NT to a Sun and using Pro*C to process the data and insert it into Oracle.

TIA Wayne McGill, McGillWL_at_navair.navy.mil Received on Fri Jun 30 2000 - 11:17:41 CDT