RE: SALARY OF AN ORACLE DBA IN CANADA

From: Boivin, Patrice J <BoivinP_at_mar.dfo-mpo.gc.ca>
Date: Fri, 30 Jun 2000 16:16:28 -0300

Canadian government DBAs get about CDN$50K per year, it varies depending on how long you've been working for them.

I don't know about the private sector, but for some reason salaries always seem to be lower in Canada than in the States. Consultants' fees range quite the gamut, I've heard from $40K or so for junior developers to $100K or more for experienced DBAs.

Some DBAs decide to move up to cs-03, a lower/middle management job, salaries go up a notch as a result. Nothing like $100K, though.

I would be curious to hear what DBAs in the U.S. Civil Service tend to get paid.

Regards,
Patrice Boivin
Systems Analyst (Oracle Certified DBA)

	Author: Mike Lanteigne
	  INET: mikel_at_shec.com

	San Diego, California        -- Public Internet access / Mailing
Lists