Re: # of Indexes

From: Shreepad Vaidya <Shreepad.Vaidya_at_alltel.com>
Date: Wed, 28 Jun 2000 1:55 -0500

       Hi,
       Another way to move indexes to a different tablespace.
       1) From dba_indexes/dba_objects get a script  which has
       something like this:---
            "Alter index <index_name> rebuild tablespaces <ts_name> ;
       "
       select 'alter index' || index_name || ' rebuild tablespace
       <ts_name< ;'
       from dba_indexes where owner='<owner>' ;

       spool the above and run .
       This should rebuild all your indexes into a different
       tablespace.

            Hope this helps.

                           shreepad.

       From: ORACLE-L_at_fatcity.com AT INTERNET on 06/27/2000 11:19 AM

       To:   ORACLE-L_at_fatcity.com AT INTERNET_at_CCMAIL
       cc:    (bcc: Shreepad Vaidya/IN/ALLTELCORP)

       Subject:  Re: # of Indexes

       The easy way to do this is to spool the output of this
       statement;
       select 'alter index '||owner||'.'||index_name||' rebuild
       tablespace
       YOUR_TS_NAME;' from all_indexes;

       Then run the spooled file and this will rebuild all of your
       indexes in the
       the required tablespace.

       I believe you have to be in Oracle8 or 8i.

       Regards,
       Ruth G.