Re: Imp in a file

From: Shreepad Vaidya <Shreepad.Vaidya_at_alltel.com>
Date: Wed, 28 Jun 2000 0:53 -0500

       Hi,
       Are you talking about the data or do you need the structure of
       the tables/indexes.

       In case you need the structure
       imp userid<user> full=y grants=y indexes=y indexfile=<filename>

       The "filename"  created will give you the structure.

       Imp utility will not give you the data in an file(ascii
       format).

       I hope i am not mistaken.

                           shreepad

       From: ORACLE-L_at_fatcity.com AT INTERNET on 06/27/2000 07:25 PM

       To:   ORACLE-L_at_fatcity.com AT INTERNET_at_CCMAIL
       cc:    (bcc: Shreepad Vaidya/IN/ALLTELCORP)

       Subject:  Imp in a file

       Hi,

            I need to import the datas of an exported schema in a file
       to work
       on the datas. These datas are not online.

            I know it is possible, but i cannot found (retrieve) the
       syntax of
       the command in the doc (ver 8.0.4).
            And fortunately, i haven't a web access on my work
            computer.
            Thanks for help, if any one can give me the syntax.

            Oracle version 8.0.5, on AIX.

            Regards
            P. Deverge
            philippe.deverge_at_opt.nc
       Author: DEVERGE Philippe
         INET: Philippe.DEVERGE_at_opt.nc

       Fat City Network Services    -- (858) 538-5051  FAX: (858)
       538-5051
       San Diego, California        -- Public Internet access /
       Mailing Lists
       may
       also send the HELP command for other information (like