Dropping & re-Creating Sequences in PL/SQL

From: Mike & Martha <mmrose_at_home.com>
Date: Wed, 28 Jun 2000 08:59:28 -0400

Hello,

I've been unable to get the following commands to 'compile' in a PL/SQL package body in Oracle 8.1.6 Version 2 (8i with NTS 4.0 SP 6a):

DROP SEQUENCE sequence_name;

CREATE SEQUENCE sequence_name;

I get errors like the commands aren't recognized.

When I try to use EXECUTE IMMEDIATE 'DROP SEQUENCE sequence_name'

I still get compile errors.

I can compile when I use to following:

Temp VARCHAR2(60);

Temp := 'DROP SEQUENCE sequence_name';

EXECUTE IMMEDIATE Temp;

I would really appreciate some help here!

Michael Rose Received on Wed Jun 28 2000 - 07:59:28 CDT